Back in 2009, Jill Cowley produced a video Engaging Law Students: Teaching Law at UNSW. It was primarily intended as an introduction to teaching for new UNSW sessional staff, but might be of interest more generally.
The video is now publicly accessible here.
The video is a conversation between Cathy Sherry, Alex Steel and Prue Vines moderated by Brendan Edgeworth. Cut through the discussion are videos of each person teaching.
The topic areas (and the time points in the video) are:
- How do your describe your philosophy of and best practice in the teaching of law? (3:00)
- What strategies do you adopt to encourage class participation? (8:45)
- How does technology assist your teaching?(20:00)
- How do you shift student expectations? (29:25)
- Describe your personal style (37:45)
Much of what we said in 2009 remains true for us in 2016.